- Measures BOTH multi fiber and single fiber connectors.
- Very small footprint - supplied by default with a laptop computer. Desktop or Tablet PC's available upon request.
- Automatic reference mirror calibration – NO manual adjustments!!
- Automatic connector centering – NO manual adjustments!!
- Automatic focus – NO manual adjustments!!
- Hermetically sealed optical module – a dusty production environment is no longer a problem.
- High resolution camera and optics - results in improved repeatability and reproducibility.
- Simple connections – just a single power cord and USB 3.0 port on the rear.
- No anti-vibration table required. Fan-less design eliminates any system induced vibration.
- Patented reference guide pins are integrated into the chuck and made of ceramic, so they can never bend.
- Fast measurement – typically less than 45 seconds (including calibration verification).
- No calibration whatsoever required when changing chucks from single fiber to MT/MPO® or MT-RJ.
- Simple operation - insert the connector and right click to measure. Centering, focus and the scan are all automatic.
- Calibration is held on the instrument itself, eliminating the need to keep the interferometer and PC as a matched pair.
- Software backup, calibration and an image of the supplied PC are all stored on the instrument itself, in non-volatile memory – making lost disks, viruses, deleted files, corrupted Windows and PC failures a snap to recover from.
- Manufactured by a vendor that has sold more automated connector measuring interferometers than any other.
- Costs 30% less than the prior version and the complete system ships in a single 16”x16”x20” box when configured with a laptop.
- 1 Year Warranty included.
ZX-1 micro Array+ Product Information
Used primarily to measure multi fiber (MT/MPO® and MT-RJ) connectors, DORC’s fifth generation “ZX-1 micro Array+” is the result of 24 years of hardware and software product development. Although optimized for mutifiber connectors, the ZX-1 micro Array plus also does an excellent job of measuring single fiber PC and APC connectors. DORC’s patented design is based on a variant of the Michelson configuration, and provides BOTH 2D and 3D high resolution images of the sample under test in approximately 45 seconds for multi fiber connectors and <1 second for single fiber connectors.
The innovative design leaves nothing for the operator to do other than insert and remove connectors. Focus, centering and reference mirror calibration adjustments are all automated – NO user mechanical adjustments required! The system is very compact and controlled by a laptop computer (desktop or Tablet PC optional) using a single USB 3.0 interface cable. The fan-less, hermetically sealed design is vibration insensitive and impervious to ingress of dust and contamination - making the ZX-1 micro PMS+ feel equally at home in both production and field based applications.
A variety of standard and custom chucks are available to support all types of multi fiber and single fiber connectors. Only one screw is used to secure a chuck to the interferometer and changing chucks can be accomplished in just seconds. Incorporating DORC's novel Patented ceramic Reference Guide Pin method, not only guarantees measurement accuracy - but also means that NO calibration whatsoever is required when switching to or between multi fiber chucks. When installing single fiber chucks, and using DORC's Patent Pending "Connect ID" RFID reference connector, less than 30 seconds is required overall, including the apex offset calibration.
Once measured, all results are automatically saved in the industry standard Microsoft Excel® format. The operator has a wide variety of display, printing and saving options for both measurement “History” and “Quality Control “reports. The Patented design provides the ability to simultaneously provide 3D geometry and a 2D microscope image of the connector under test - removing the requirement for separate instruments to provide this additional functionality.
The ZX-1 micro Array+ stores all calibration, the PMS (Phase Measuring System) software itself and even a complete image of the system controller’s hard drive on the instrument itself. This not only makes the system PC independent, but also means that the system can recover itself from virus attacks, Windows file corruption, deleted files, malicious employees and potential PC failures in just minutes. The system also has a “factory restore” capability, returning the unit to its shipped state at the press of a button. Add to this the fact that software updates can be downloaded directly from our web site and there is NO scheduled maintenance whatsoever, and you end up with a maintenance technicians “dream machine”.
It’s important to remember that DORC only manufactures interferometers for measuring the end face geometry of fiber optic connectors. It is our focus and our passion, and we do not find ourselves distracted by unrelated product lines. In many ways this fact is reflected by our success over the past 24 years – DORC has sold more automated connector measuring interferometers than any other manufacturer.
ZX-1 micro Array+ Home Page
ZX-1 micro Array+ Configurations and Options
ZX-1 micro Array+ Specifications
ZX-1 micro Array+ Sample Images and QC Reports